Here it is – from Monday. A piece I wrote for the Guardian on how the NUS failed to grasp the momentum of the student demos two years ago, and the lasting legacy of this.
Guardian piece on the demos of the past two years, and the NUS
- Blair laid bare
- “Shooting yourself in the head three times is quite an achievement”
- Not just security
- In Aberdeen
- Labour’s “youth manifesto” totally ignores Young Labour members
- Striking for safety
- Progress bemoan the plight of men: why we still need privilege checks
- Lowry: crowds, class and purpose
- “State-school” Clegg, and when did selfishness become the norm?
- HMV, and who is Young Labour for anyway?
The Blair Supremacy. By Lewis Minkin, Manchester University Press, £30. Review published in the Camden New Journal series, 3rd September 2015. JUST when you think…
An interview with writer, documentary maker and all-round iconoclast Jonathan Meades, after the release of his LP Pedigree Mongrel. Published in the Morning Star, 23rd May…
I’ve been covering the National Gallery privatisation dispute since last summer. A recent blog for the LRB on what’s going down: Many of the rooms at…
A blog for the LRB reporting on the North Sea oil industry There was an emergency conference on North Sea oil in Aberdeen on Monday.…